Sunday, June 27, 2010

Free as a Bird...

Well I've been a bit quiet of late, but with my etsy and madeit stores now open again, I've got some brand new pendants I've been working on to show you. With my little boy still keeping me busy, I wouldn't quite say I'm 'free as a bird' yet, but I am getting into a routine which is making it easier for me to start creating again :)

Entitled 'freedom', each of the new pendants feature a wooden birdcage in various colors, with a handmade black polymer clay swallow bird attached - which has broken free of it's cage, hence the name Freedom! Currently available in white, green, blue, hot pink, pale pink, yellow, purple and red. I decided to do all the swallows in black, but might do a few colour variations of those as well.



I have also updated my resin bottle top pendants with a new cameo style, using a handmade polymer clay cameo border instead of a bottle top.  I'd been meaning to do something like this for ages, having seen some awesome molds available on etsy . But I decided to make a mold myself. So far I've got a heap done in pink, purple, green, red, and blue - all featuring super cute images from original retro (1970s) swap cards, which I had as a child! I haven't listed any yet as I'm still waiting on getting some chain to finish them off. I'll probably make a few rings as well. I currently have one up for sale on madeit.



And last but not least, I've made some new calico gift bags so all my jewellery will now arrive looking like this...


Ahh.. busy, busy!

2 comments: