Monday, February 8, 2010

Nursery Rhymes

With a baby due late May, I'm busily readying the nursery and trying to make it look all cute and warm and fuzzy. It's so exciting, and therefore its a really nice project to keep me busy.

We already have an existing feature wall of dark mermaid blue, so the theme is blue, aqua, lime green, white etc. Regardless of what the baby's sex will be (I think the whole blue for boys, pink for girls is super silly). Anyway I found some gorgeous print fabric at Ikea (yeah who'd have thought Ikea would sell material) ..see pic, and have just buzzed down the shops to buy zips and inserts so I can make 3 big cushions to sit on the nursery couch.
I'm eager now to get sewing because once the cushions are done, it should start looking really cute in there. And of course, I'll post pics of the finished nursery when it's... um... finished.... which is hopefully soon... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment